Dynamically visualise the innovation ecosystem
InnovationMap is an interactive, geographic visualisation of innovation related data. Built on CSIRO’s Terria platform, InnovationMap allows users to overlay multiple datasets to build up a rich picture of a particular region and observe how it changes over time. The data always remains hosted at its original source and is automatically drawn in and visualised as required.
To customise their view of the map, users can:
- turn on or off any of the datasets currently showing on the InnovationMap
- add any datasets of interest from data.gov.au
- Add their own data by dragging and dropping a CSV file onto the map, ensuring the first two columns are latitude and longitude (user loaded data is only viewable by that user, and will disappear as soon as the browser window is closed)
The InnovationMap is currently visualising:
- SA3 Region Innovation Data
- Innovation Precincts
- National Research Infrastructure
Plans are underway to also show the following data on the map:
- Expert Connect profiles
If you have access to data that you believe would add value to InnovationMap users, please get in touch.
Users can add their own data to the InnovationMap by dragging and dropping a CSV file onto the map. Just ensure the first two columns are latitude and longitude (user loaded data is only viewable by that user, and will disappear as soon as the browser window is closed)
No, data loaded by users will only be visible by that user. As soon as the browser window is closed, any user loaded data will disappear.
The team are always interested in finding and accessing relevant datasets for display on InnovationMap. Please get in touch with the details.